Driving lesson videos
My YouTube driving lesson videos can help you learn to drive and take away the fear of the dreaded driving test by showing you what a test is really like. There are now over 300 free driving lesson videos on my channel.
- Watch me teach Lucy from start to finish in Lucy’s lessons – over 42 hours of video
- Hours of expert tuition in my “Driving – the ultimate guide” series
- Full length driving test routes driven by me full of expert tips and funny stories
- Watch pupils taking mock driving tests
If you’d like to say thanks for these videos you can send a donation by clicking here.
Driving lessons with pupils
I’ve filmed many driving lessons with pupils over the years. Here are some of them:
- Scott visited Birmingham to film two mock driving test videos with me
- Charlie visit Birmingham to film a show me tell me video and a mock driving test
- Emma had never driven before and started from the beginning
- Ella had taken some lessons and started with some experience
- Archik had already passed his driving test a while ago and took another test
- Claudia took a lesson after failing a driving test with another school
- Lucy filmed every single lesson with me from start to finish
- Adam wanted to take a mock test the week before his real driving test
- Prisca had a full driving licence and wanted to improve driving on country lanes
- Jennifer filmed a mock driving test with me
- Kelly filmed her first driving lesson with me
- Aaron was the first pupil I ever filmed a mock driving test with
Driving instructor standards check videos
My videos aren’t just for learner drivers, there are hours of video for driving instructors too.
- A one hour video about SC1: the standards check marking sheet.
- A 3 hour guide to ADI1: the official DVSA issued examiners marking guide to the standards check
- Watch 23 episodes of Paul’s standards check diary showing me going through a standards check
- Watch driving instructors taking mock standards checks with me
Funny driving lesson videos
It’s not all serious stuff however. There are lots of funny videos showing the crazy things that happen to me when I’m out teaching. If you thought being a driving instructor was boring then you might change your mind after seeing my videos.
- Members of the public coming up to my car for all sorts of reasons
- Crazy crashes and road rage
- General chaos on the roads of the UK
Some of the funny driving lesson videos I’ve made
Film a driving lesson video with me for FREE lessons!
Images taken from the hundreds of driving lesson videos I’ve made
I offer anyone the opportunity to make videos with me in return for FREE driving lessons! You can be a complete beginner, about to take a driving test or even an experienced driver. You can learn more about being in a video by clicking here.
How I got into making driving lesson videos
People often ask me why I make these videos and how I got into it all. It’s because of something that happened to me in 2010.
I was involved in a stupid car crash during a driving lesson. We were sitting at a junction waiting to go and then the car behind drove straight into us. The car behind them drove into the back of them and the car behind that one drove into the back of them!
It was the other drivers’ fault because they were all racing each other. Two of the cars were full of boy racers and the other had a pensioner (that had never grown up) in a souped up car. They all tried to make up a story to somehow make it my fault because they knew they were to blame.
The other drivers got together and started making up a story that the damage was already on my car. They were going to pretend that they hadn’t even been there and this hadn’t happened. Then a woman walking past started screaming and saying she’d been hit by us because she wanted to get some compensation money.
This went on through solicitors for over two years. Because of this I decided I’d had enough and so I invested in my first camera system.
My YouTube adventure beings
I started out using my car CCTV system for protection purposes only. It was just there to make it easier to resolve crashes by proving exactly what had really happened.
I started to put a few funny videos on YouTube. Maybe people might get a laugh from them and it would make my website look better.
I started to get comments saying I should make more videos because they were great. A few subscribers turned into a few hundred and then into a few thousands. After a year or so I was getting thousands of views per day and that’s when my video work really took off.
I started making tuition videos showing people how to drive and later I started making more funny videos as well. I made more because they were so popular and it grew from there.
One of my first YouTube videos
The video zone is born
I was getting so popular on YouTube that I was spending hours a day just making videos. As much as I loved doing it I just couldn’t afford to keep doing it all for free which is why I launched the video zone.
The video zone is a members area of my website where I show my very best videos. You can click here to see everything the video zone has to offer.
There are even videos for driving instructors showing teaching techniques and how to pass the standards check. That’s a test driving instructors have to take every few years where we have an examiner from the DVSA sitting in the back of our car as we give a driving lesson.
Many people join my video zone as a way of saying thanks for making all these free videos. You can join from as little as £10 but if you don’t want to then don’t worry, I’ll always be making more free videos for my YouTube channel.
The future of my driving lesson videos
I have big plans for my videos in the future. From the end of 2017 you’ll be seeing me do a whole new kind of video that will take everything to the next level. Stay tuned and watch out for the big news which should be coming around November/December 2017.
I have put hundreds of hours of hard work into my videos. When I get messages from people around the world telling me how my videos have changed their lives and it makes me want to do more to help even more people.
If you’d like to be part of it all then come and film a driving lesson video with me.