1stDrive.com is a driving school and therapy service operating through the website https://www.1stdrive.com. The proprietor is Paul Dodd who you can contact through
Writing: 42a Rea Valley Drive, Northfield, Birmingham, B31 3XE
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
1stDrive.com collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
- Your IP address (Internet Protocol address – your computer’s location)
- Any data made available through Google Analytics
- An electronic copy of your driving licence (this will be requested only if applying for driving lessons)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide 1stDrive.com with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Contact us online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Directly contact me through email or phone calls and messages
- Your driving licence will be viewed by details provided by you. Learn more about viewing someones driving licence
How will we use your data?
1stDrive.com collects your data so that we can:
- Contact you to arrange driving lessons, driving tests, therapy consultations and therapy sessions
- Check that your driving licence is valid
If you agree, 1stDrive.com will share your data with our partner companies so that they may offer you their products and services. These companies include
- Google who provide Google analytics to monitor website performance and usage
- The DVSA for the purposes of checking your driving licence
How do we store your data?
1stDrive.com securely stores your data at our website servers in London, UK.
The servers are protected by 24-hour human security, biometrics, access control mantraps, bulletproof lobbies and video surveillance.
This website is protected by SSL security. This website will not collect any financial information from you such as bank account numbers or credit/debit card numbers. Only your name, address and information you supply regarding availability for lessons will be stored.
1stDrive.com will keep your emails and data submitted via contact forms for 1 year from the date they are sent or until you no longer take driving lessons or therapy sessions with us, whichever is sooner. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data by deleting emails and form submissions.
1stDrive.com will keep an electronic copy of your driving licence for 1 year from the time it is checked or until you no longer take driving lessons with us, whichever is sooner.
Information that is stored locally on devices such as hard drives will be encrypted.
1stDrive.com does not use marketing emails or send out mass emails. We do not pass your details on to other agencies but the data you supply can be passed on via 3rd party applications such as those used to monitor website performance, for example, Google Analytics.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt-out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop 1stDrive.com from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email Mail@1stdrive.com with a request to remove your details.
What data breach procedures we have in place
Should any data breach be detected then we will take all measures possible to contact people whose details we hold and alert them of such.
What are your data protection rights?
1stDrive.com would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request 1stDrive.com for copies of your personal data. There is no charge for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that 1stDrive.com correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request 1stDrive.com to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that 1stDrive.com erase your personal data
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that 1stDrive.com restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to 1stDrive.com processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that 1stDrive.com transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at:
Our email: Mail@1stDrive.com
Write to us: 1stDrive.com, 42A Rea Valley Drive, Northfield, Birmingham, B31 3XE
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – 1stDrive.com uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and what location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies is used.
- Advertising – 1stDrive.com uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. 1stDrive.com sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: Mail@1stDrive.com
Write to us at 1stDrive.com, 42A Rea Valley Drive, Northfield, Birmingham, B31 3XE
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that 1stDrive.com has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/.